Schaefer Hydroponics is a synonim of reliability and durability in hydroponic gullies
Why should you consider hydroponic growing?
Hydroponic growing is the best method to overcome water and food scarcity and, at the same time, produce high nutritional quality and flavored food at any type of climate.
It is an accurate scientific method, developed by experimentation and observation, that consists in a reliable production, predictable and of high quality, harmless to human consumption.
When questioned about what they look for on fresh foods offered in the retail stores, consumers answer the following:
- The food must be nutritive and tasteful;
- It must be free of pesticides that are harmful to human health;
- It must be produced in a way that reduces environment impact;
Hydroponic growing meets all these requirements and can be scaled with incomparable quality to any other growing method.
There are enormous benefits that are possible through hydroponic growing when compared to traditional agriculture:
- Water consumption is much lower in hydroponic growing than in traditional agriculture;
- The solution that is not absorbed by plants, in which contains valuable nutrients, can be collected, filtered, treatened and recycled.
- Productivity and turnover of hydroponic plantation are generally much higher than traditional agriculture in fertile soil, considering the same climate conditions. This difference, when considered financial profits, is significant.
- A high level of plants uniformity is possible in hydroponic growing;
- The quantity of fertilizers used is much lower than in soil planting;
- Hydroponic cultivation of greens, herbs, strawberries, to mention a few, are produced above the ground level on an ideal working height for planting, growing and harvesting. As a result, better working conditions and, therefore, lower physical harm due to the activities are noticed.
- Climate change, which is a big concern nowadays, is not an obstacle to the success of hydroponics growing. In this system, the plantation is almost in its totality produced inside greenhouses, allowing the creation of an ideal climate for growing the plants.
Giving all mentioned evidences, hydroponics growing becomes the best solution of planting to deal with the current scarcity issues of water and food that our world is facing.